Care and hygiene to avoid cystitis
- Do not use scented bath oil, soap or talcum powder around your genitals.
- To avoid exposing your genitals to cleaning products, take a shower instead of a bath.
- If you need to urinate, do not wait to go to the toilet and always empty your bladder completely.
- Avoid wearing tight jeans and pants. Give preference to cotton underwear
- When you go to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back, not from back to front.
Cystitis and sex
Here are some basic but really preventative tips!
- Wash your hands and genitals before and after sex.
- To avoid damaging your genitals, use a lubricant during sexual intercourse,
- After sex, make sure that you empty your bladder as soon as possible in order to get rid of all germs.